Monday, February 22, 2010

For your entertainment

It's been a busy couple weeks. They've been using me more in the schools (yay!) and fun things have been going on during the weekend. This Saturday and Sunday my Hiroshima host family picked me up and took me to their house. It was weird to step into a house I hadn't been in for ten years and thought I would never be again. We looked at all our old pictures and it was funny to see how we've all changed. Sena is a handsome almost high school graduate instead of a cute little middle school boy. Risa is a beautiful lady, now almost fluent in English but actually majoring in Chinese at her university in Kobe. When I visited in High School I was a red headed bean pole. We had a great time- Host Mom made oden, we watched the Olympics on TV (curling is just as funny in Japanese as in English- especially since we watched the women's match vs. Britain so it was British English). They took me shopping, and well. Wow. It's amazing the ties people form sometimes. I really have done nothing for them, and they've done so much for me.


On Wednesday I'm going to Tokyo to visit the fabulous Megumi. We will then venture to Toyama, her hometown, to see what kind of trouble we can stir up there. I'm taking the night bus to Tokyo from Shinji, which should prove to be interesting in many respects. Anyway I won't be writing anything substantial for a while, so please be entertained by the following DDR dog.

MARVELOUS!!!

1 comment: